let’s hear it for captain america
#sebstan’s acting choices keep me awake at night#he made bucky so fond of steve but so bitter of the world did to him#it’s almost as if bucky believes the world corrupted steve#it took away his vulnerability#made him into the hero he shouldnt be#it’s almost selfish of bucky#fuck me im done (via punkrickgrimes)
"You turned my gentle friend into a weapon and I am less than thrilled about it"
And then the world retaliated by turning him into a weapon, too.
10 BETTER BODY AFFIRMATIONS FOR YOUNG WOMEN
1. Your body is in flux for the rest of your life. Think of your body as fluid instead of static — it’s always going to change. So get comfortable with those changes.
2. No one will love you or not love you because of your body. You are lovable because you’re you, not because your body looks a certain way.
3. The most intensely personal relationship you’ll ever have is with your body. It’s a lifelong relationship that’s well worth investing in and nurturing the same way you would with loved ones.
4. You don’t owe your body to anyone. Not sexually, not aesthetically. Your body is yours. Period.
5. What someone else says about your body says more about them than it does about you. Look past the actual snark to the person who’s saying it, because it’s only a reflection of what they think of themselves. That’s when you’ll see how little power their words have.
6. Your body is not a reflection of your character. It’s a physical home for the complex and wondrous and unique being that is you.
7. Take up as much space as you want. You don’t have to be small, or quiet, or docile, regardless of your physical size.
8. Everything you need to accept your body is already inside you. There’s no book, or diet, or workout routine or external affirmation that you need to feel good about your body right now.
9. Your body is a priority. It’s always trying to tell you things. Taking the time to listen to is of the utmost importance.
10. Wear whatever you want. Your body shape does not dictate your personal style, and fashion rules that say otherwise are wrong. Dress yourself in a way that makes you feel happy and confident and beautiful, because guess what? You are.
#high school senior bucky#who drags steve to parties and gets him beer (nobody will serve steve ever it’s kinda hilarious)#bucky with no family and one friend and a smile for everyone he only sorta means#with good grades but an attitute that makes teachers sigh and tell him they wished he applied himself more#who watches over steve like a guard dog and a circling moon and a brother and some other things he’s not as good at hiding as he thinks#gets in fights because steve gets in fights#applies to colleges because steve leaves brochures out and gives him that look#who tries not to keep his hand on steve’s shoulder too long or leave his eyes on steve’s mouth too often#hooks up with girls and brags like he’s making a point because he is: he’s fine#he’s got everything he needs even if it’s nothing he wants#and they’re almost done with high school and steve’s finally had a growth spurt and bucky’s twice as arrogantly miserably sullen as usual#’what’s your problem?’ steve demands as he follows him out of the gym during prom#eyes all lit up and demanding like he ever needs to do more than breathe in bucky’s direction#’maybe you’re my problem’ bucky spits#cause he was drinking before and he’s been drinking during and given the expression steve’s wearing he’ll probably need to be drinking after too#and steve’s in his face - taller than him now#the fucker - looking sad and determined and squaring off for a fight he’s already won even if he doesn’t know it#so bucky figures to hell with it#he goes for the kiss and waits for the shove#because if you fall long enough you start longing for the ground#but steve’s kissing him back with one hand on his jaw and the other on his nape and his eyes wide open#like he needs bucky to see that he’s here right now and this is the choice he’s making#’you think it’s just you’ steve whispers like it’s revelation instead of gospel#and bucky says something about never being that bright#and the only reason steve doesn’t tell him otherwise is ‘cause bucky seals their mouths together#and it’s not a metaphor or a realignment of the planets or whatever#it’s them#it’s always them (via queerly-it-is)
titan arum and rafflesia produce the largest flowers in the world and both have the nickname “carrion flower” for creating odors that smell like rotten meat so stick that on your head and crown it
I love the flower crown meme but this made me laugh so damn hard.
also titan arum’s Latin name literally translates to ‘giant misshapen phallus’ so
And you’re pretty sure that wolf was preserved with arsenic.
John Scalzi gets it.
This is what I have been trying to say in so many words—all men aren’t menaces to women, but all women have been menaced by men.
I think that is an important distinction to make. However, I do feel like it shifts the focus away from the men who are doing the thing a bit, and panders more to the whiny men who “aren’t like that!!!” more than necessary.
Regardless, I am so glad to see another guy taking a stand about this shit.
Oh it is total pandering to those ass-butts. But It’s the first thing you have to do is confront that bullshit. You have to have an answer for it. I got into a LONG fight with someone on Facebook about that very thing. I lumped all men into the “can’t be trusted until proven otherwise” category and got shit upon shit for it. From a gay man. I’m like wtf, man.